Skimmer Sensor not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ABursiek

Reaction score
So, the skimmer sensor doesnt work about 90% of the time. Seems the only way to make it work is to remove the magnetic eye piece that goes inside the skimmer cup. Anyone experience this issue. If i remove that piece and just drop the actual sensor in water it works. With that piece on in water, it doesn't.

So, the skimmer sensor doesnt work about 90% of the time. Seems the only way to make it work is to remove the magnetic eye piece that goes inside the skimmer cup. Anyone experience this issue. If i remove that piece and just drop the actual sensor in water it works. With that piece on in water, it doesn't.
I thought the sensor was on the outside for the skimmer.

I have the opposite issue. Seems to be really sensitive. The foam will trigger it then after draining the cup I have to wipe the moisture off it to show “dry”

I have the opposite issue. Seems to be really sensitive. The foam will trigger it then after draining the cup I have to wipe the moisture off it to show “dry”
That's crazy. Here is a pic of mine showing it completely submerged with the skimmer still running. Just doesnt make any sense to me why its doing this.

Attachments

• IMG20220220105336.jpg
    IMG20220220105336.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
@ABursiek, let us get you sorted out. Anytime there is an issue like this, we would urge you to contact support directly. Please submit a ticket to support.coralvue.com and we can get an agent on it!

What is the app showing? Is the app showing the sensor as WET/DRY/UNKNOWN?

Did you try moving the sensor around? The problem with the skimmer sensor is that if it is not lined up correctly with the inside prism, the sensor might not send the correct signal to the controller. Sometimes, realigning the sensor with the prism does the trick.

Back