Turn outlet on for min time based on water level

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Raiden

Reaction score
Is there a way to setup an outlet to turn on based on water level reading wet and to stay on for a period of time after water level becomes dry while depends on mode is off if off?
Min run time seems like an obvious solution, but it's not working as expected and just ends up endlessly switching output on waiting a minute off back on and waiting a minute.

I'm trying to setup ReefMat in freshwater, so easiest way is to put Hydros water level in and based on its reading turn on ReefMat's outlet, but I want it to run a bit longer than it would take to drop water level to dry state as it would cause a lot more on/off cycles.
Below just endlessly cycles as I imagine default state is on, then check inputs and depends on, de0ends is fine, so still on, input is not so back to off, but then oh wait we have to wait a minute... But then it's back to ON.... I'm assuming there is some way to work around this nonsense, but so far haven't found magic combo.

Below is most basic expected setup that does not work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240310_111524.png
    Screenshot_20240310_111524.png
    212.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240310_111531.png
    Screenshot_20240310_111531.png
    233.5 KB · Views: 4
Minimum runtime only keeps the output on for at least that amount of time unless a depends on turns it off.

Is there a way to achive what I need?

Sensor gets wet, turn outlet on and keep it on for 1 minute after sensor becomes dry while also not running if return pump is off.

Is there a way to achive what I need?

Sensor gets wet, turn outlet on and keep it on for 1 minute after sensor becomes dry while also not running if return pump is off.
Is the return pump off when this is happening?

You want to use off if off since on if on would force it on if the return pump is on no matter what the other things on that output did since the depends on setting take priority over the others. The minimum on time will start as soon as the output is turned on.

Ok, sure, but that does not work. What else might need change? Seem like a fairly simple setup, but weird Hydros logic order is yet again failing me =P

Per sensor it should be off, per depends it's ok to be on, but don't have to, but min time on which I want to be there just makes it stay on with brief off and redo 1 min over and over

Per sensor it should be off, per depends it's ok to be on, but don't have to, but min time on which I want to be there just makes it stay on with brief off and redo 1 min over and over
The minimum on time will on run when the output first comes on but will stay on if input is wet so the one minute minute will be used the first minute it is on. So once the input goes dry if it was longer than 1 minute since the last time the output will immediately go off since it has already been on for over a minute. So the way it is setup as long as the return pump is on the input being wet will keep it until it goes dry and then it will go off unless it was turned on less than a minute ago and then it will turn off once it has been over a minute since it was turned on. I think you can do what you want but it would require using more outputs since my guess is as soon as it goes dry you want the output to delay going off for a minute after the input goes dry.

Sure, 1 minute might not be enough and really I do not need to go off of dry specifically, but in either case with sensor dry, pump on this just sits and click my outlet once a minute forever

See if these will work.The sensor may also be causing it to toggle by changing states quickly. I use my sump level to set these up so I could get screenshots of them. Reef Mat 1 is the first output that toggles on when the sensor is wet and off when dry. The next 2 screenshots are an output used as a delay when the sensor goes dry it turns on this output but only for a minute.The output will turn red after the first minute to indicate it went over the minimum on time. It also has a minimum off time. I set it to 1 minute but you may want this for a longer time. I did not know how long the sensor will be dry but that would be your minimum off time for this output. The last 2 screenshots are the two outputs combined using a combiner. The combiner mode is set to OR so if either of the 2 outputs used as inputs are on this output will be on. So since the input sensor going dry will turn on the delay output for one minute until it goes off that will give you the one minute delay before it goes off. You may also need a minimum off time on reef mat 1 if the input sensor is toggling between wet and dry so it will stay of for at least a certain amount of time once turned off. Give it a try and see if it will work better that what you have setup.

IMG_0672.png

IMG_0673.png
IMG_0674.png

IMG_0677.png
IMG_0678.png

Ok, thanks will try and maybe try with different sensor, this is a tripple level one, so maybe has some extra issues with it.

I forgot to add a minimum on time of one minute to the Reef Delay output. That will need to be added also.

IMG_0679.png
IMG_0680.png

Ultimately might try to do something with the button push on ReefMat if not controlling motor in it directly, although that would by pass over torque logic I imagine. Also I don't know much about DC motors, but looks like two wires are coming out, if it's as simple as connective 12v or whatever it needs power supply to it and it will run at its normal speed, thatbwould be good, although I can imagine it running way too fast as well.. Guess maybe that's where different V settings would matter....

No flip flopping, but making it red does not make it read as off, so combiner still on looks like

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240310_170143.png
    Screenshot_20240310_170143.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 1
Think it might be gremlins in that collective. Just tried same thing in another collective and seem to work correctly with just my original single output

It will be normal for the delay output to go red when the max on time expires. I will check your comment again when I get back home.

Back