Turn outlet on for min time based on water level

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Make sure run past max on time in the Reef Mat Delay output is set to off otherwise the output will stay on at max on time and just turn red. You can have it send an alert and stay on or send an alert and turn off if you have an alert set but in this case we just want it to turn off without sending the alert but the tile will still turn red since the max on time was tripped.

Right, it was there just didn't turn combiner off.

Either way going to contact support, this is clearly not working as intended, hopefully they can see more than is exposed to us. Again, same single outlet setup I linked erlier worked as I expected in another collective, but not here. So either thre is some garbage cache somewhere, hardware issue, or a firmware bug potentially revealed by my specific set up of controllers and settings.

Not first time I get something weird like this in this collective, just never pursued it before or checked same setup in another collective.

There is a Klir roller mat output type in the Hydros but I do not have a roller mat so I have not used it before. I think the water level that normally triggers then on is usually in the filter assembly and not in the sump. I think Hydros sells adapter kits for the Klir filters so they can be connected and controller by the Hydros. Not sure what type you have.

ReefMat is the type. It's red seas one. And while overall hardware wise it's probably the best, some choices are unfortunate lol. Like using conductivity for water level, so doesn't work in freshwater. App is ok and can schedule an advance, but only one and my tank discus tank seems like it needs 3 or 4 full chambers rolled through a day.

Simplest solution with least mods is to set its adanvce length so somewhat big like 5-10 inches per time. Hit glue external conductivity sensor leaving only internal side. Put sensor in a cup of salt water. Use Hydros to power it when needed, this is where a delay is needed as sensor will read dry while it's still rolling.

Also maybe just jumping internal sensor terminals could work, but they are titanium, so not sure on soldering those and also not sure if reading from short circuit on them would be a good idea either lol

Back