Use of Feeder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

John Neuzil

Reaction score
So I installed the Hydros feeder. Easy peezy.
I would like my return pump to power off during feeding time. I see there is a schedule button but what does it do. Can I set the pump to go off and on on a schedule?

Just setup a generic output with the schedule and then use depends on setting on your return pump to off when on. Then when the generic output you setup comes on your return pump will go off. Test the output out with the schedule before committing the return pump to the output.

Never mind, I didn't see it before but this time it popped up.
So I installed the Hydros feeder. Easy peezy.
I would like my return pump to power off during feeding time. I see there is a schedule button but what does it do. Can I set the pump to go off and on on a schedule?
Just setup a generic output with the schedule and then use depends on setting on your return pump to off when on. Then when the generic output you setup comes on your return pump will go off. Test the output out with the schedule before committing the return pump to the output.
Thanks

I have setup my new auto feeder. But how do I get to the screen that allows me to program when the food is being added. I feel like an idiot but I keep wondering around the app and can't get to where I want to be

You have to create a output using the feeder as the output device. A screenshot of mine is below.

641A3BC7-0C27-4689-8ACF-0135677672BE.png

Thanks a lot, that was easy, I'm not sure why I didn't see that yesterday!

How can I get Feed Mode to trigger automatically??? So that when my Plank feeder setup on a generic timer goes off (starting at 10am, every 2 hours x5), it auto triggers Feed Mode and runs that program until time out? Is there a way?

I don't think that is currently supported. You can setup certain pumps to go off with either a seperate timer setup at the time of the feedings or use depends on with a minimum off time set.

How can I get Feed Mode to trigger automatically??? So that when my Plank feeder setup on a generic timer goes off (starting at 10am, every 2 hours x5), it auto triggers Feed Mode and runs that program until time out? Is there a way?
@Carlos any chance of finding a way to adding a schedule to Modes? I want to trigger feed mode automatically.

Yes, that is already on our list of new features to work on!

Not yet but you can control the outputs you want with another output that is triggered by the feeder output if you want Using the depends on setting?

Yes you can. Do you want to turn off some pumps for given amount of time? There is more than one way to do it but here is a couple. The first screenshot of an output uses the combiner output type with one input. That input is your feeder output. Advanced settings is enabled. In advanced settings set the minimum on time to the desired amount of time you want your pumps off. This is set for 30 minutes. In the example. I also set the max on time to 45 minutes. if it goes over an alert will be sent. With this yiu would set the depends on to this output on the pumps you want off. And set it to off if on. If you alread use the depends on setting you can always put another combiner in to combine this output with the one already in use. You may have to invert the input on the other combiner for this input if you already use off if off for the depends on. The second screen shot is similar with the exception that the feeder input is inverted and you set a minumum off time. The issue here is if for some reason this output were to go off like a power failure then it would take 30 minutes or the time set for minimum time off for the pumps to turn on. With this one you would set the depends on to off if off on the pumps.

898DCB3C-3CF9-4D4C-AE0D-59B82C0FA7AB.png

C31FA7FB-E7F4-4181-BFE7-3A8D20EF6EF3.png

Yes you can. Do you want to turn off some pumps for given amount of time? There is more than one way to do it but here is a couple. The first screenshot of an output uses the combiner output type with one input. That input is your feeder output. Advanced settings is enabled. In advanced settings set the minimum on time to the desired amount of time you want your pumps off. This is set for 30 minutes. In the example. I also set the max on time to 45 minutes. if it goes over an alert will be sent. With this yiu would set the depends on to this output on the pumps you want off. And set it to off if on. If you alread use the depends on setting you can always put another combiner in to combine this output with the one already in use. You may have to invert the input on the other combiner for this input if you already use off if off for the depends on. The second screen shot is similar with the exception that the feeder input is inverted and you set a minumum off time. The issue here is if for some reason this output were to go off like a power failure then it would take 30 minutes or the time set for minimum time off for the pumps to turn on. With this one you would set the depends on to off if off on the pumps.

View attachment 1480

View attachment 1481
Thanks for the help, I had no idea combiners even existed so that helps. I think I have it set now just need to wait until trigger time.

Back