VarioS-4 Controllable DC Pump?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tmcca

Reaction score
I am looking into getting a new return pump for my tank. I have a Max E 170. How do these pumps get connected to Hydros, is it through 0-10v cable? I do have this cable and only use one so far.

I am looking into getting a new return pump for my tank. I have a Max E 170. How do these pumps get connected to Hydros, is it through 0-10v cable? I do have this cable and only use one so far.
You can use 0-10v off a WaveEngine or Control 4, you’ll need to use the native ReefOcto controller hooked up to it but it will work.

The other way would be a direct connect to a WaveEngine that would bypass the ReefOcto controller entirely.

Pump port (yellow) for control and force port (red) for power would allow for full integration and bttery backup at 50%?

Pump port (yellow) for control and force port (red) for power would allow for full integration and bttery backup at 50%?
Do you need a special cable for that? Or is that all go to 0-10v?

What does this adapter do?

Or is it better to hook it up to 0-10v port. I am confused, lol.

What does this adapter do?

Or is it better to hook it up to 0-10v port. I am confused, lol.
That will direct connect to a Hydros WaveEngine and will allow you to bypass using the Reef Octo native controller. You need a WaveEngine to do so.

Ok isnt the X4 wave engine? The 0-10v port does what?

Ok isnt the X4 wave engine? The 0-10v port does what?
No, they’re 2 separate devices. WaveEngine and Control 4. The 0-10v port allows you to control things like certain pumps that have 0-10v outputs, door switches, etc.

Guess I'll be getting another WE eventually lol and two of those pumps...

Although how much power WE can supply already plan for two xf350 and gyre 4k on same one hmm

Looks like - Power up to 4 pumps with the Direct Drive ports using a single 100/240V 2.5 amp input power supply (included). The output is 24V/6 amps.

Guess I'll be getting another WE eventually lol and two of those pumps...

Although how much power WE can supply already plan for two xf350 and gyre 4k on same one hmm
I run 4 of the ReefOcto Pulse 2’s off mine. Also have another tank with 2 Icecap 2k’s. There’s no reason to think that it can’t run 4 of the Gyre 4k’s. It’s what it is designed to do.

Well it would be two xf350, 4k gyre, Varios 2 on skimmer, and two Varios 4 return pumps. And then these WEs powered by Krakens, which already are running 4 radions xr15s, ai blade for fuge, and two x10. So a lot going on, will just need to see how amps ll add up =)

Just overbuilt display lol

Just overbuilt display lol

It happens 😜

Back