Wave Engine V2 and wifi strip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fernalfer

Reaction score
So I just purchased a Wave Engine V2 standalone. Set it all up no issues. I'm running 2 icecap 4k gyres and 2 icecap 2k gyres. Problem is I can't get the wave engine to pick up the wifi strip. In every video I have seen it shows an option under Inputs and outputs in the hydros app for the wave engine for wifi strip. They say click the 3 dots next to wifi and add it. My Wave engine V2 does not show an option for the wifi strip with 3 dots next to it.. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

So I just purchased a Wave Engine V2 standalone. Set it all up no issues. I'm running 2 icecap 4k gyres and 2 icecap 2k gyres. Problem is I can't get the wave engine to pick up the wifi strip. In every video I have seen it shows an option under Inputs and outputs in the hydros app for the wave engine for wifi strip. They say click the 3 dots next to wifi and add it. My Wave engine V2 does not show an option for the wifi strip with 3 dots next to it.. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Are you following these directions? HYDROS Control 4 - How to Pair WiFi Strip/Smart Outlet

I think you have to create a collective with it before it will pair with a wifi device since it is a pump controller. I did it when I first got my WEv2 when it was not in a collective with the other controllers. I eventually added t to my existing collective and set it as the preferred wifi master for several months and it work doing that also.

I think you have to create a collective with it before it will pair with a wifi device since it is a pump controller. I did it when I first got my WEv2 when it was not in a collective with the other controllers. I eventually added t to my existing collective and set it as the preferred wifi master for several months and it work doing that also.
Unfortunately I don't have another controller but I thought it said the wave engine v2 can control up to 8 wifi devices. What am I missing?

Unfortunately I don't have another controller but I thought it said the wave engine v2 can control up to 8 wifi devices. What am I missing?
You can but you have to create a collective with just the wave engine as the member. You might want to name it so you can eventually add other controllers if you want. Have you created a collective before?

Yes mine doesn't have anywhere to add a WiFi device like in step one if those directions.
Did you create a collective with the wave engine as a member. Until you do you cannot add the wifi strip. I did this when I first got my WEv2 and I paired a wifi strip to the collective. The WEv2 will not pair directly it has to be in a collective to pair but it can be the only controller in the collective.

I have similar setup with only WE 2. I recent bough a WIFI power strip and feeder. I created a collective with only the WE 2, but neither wifi device will link. I do not have a command bus terminator on the WE 2....could the be the cause of not being able to line with the wifi devices? The collective seemed to be created fine without it.

I have similar setup with only WE 2. I recent bough a WIFI power strip and feeder. I created a collective with only the WE 2, but neither wifi device will link. I do not have a command bus terminator on the WE 2....could the be the cause of not being able to line with the wifi devices? The collective seemed to be created fine without it.
A command bus terminator is not needed until you use the command bus with another controller. There a a few things that will prevent communication between the controller and the wifi devices. Make sure you are not on a guest channel on your router. Also make sure the device you are using the app on when pairing is on the same channel you want the wifi device on. It has to be the same channel the controller is on which will be a 2.4ghz channel. If you have a 5ghz channel with the same credentials as your 2.4ghz channel that can cause an issue with wifi devices since they can connect to 5ghz but the controllers cannot and they have to be on the same channel.

Is your Wave Engine attached to a guest network? Or do you happen to know if ap isolation or client isolation features are enabled on your wifi? Such configurations will allow Wave Engine and Hydros controls to connect/communicate but will prevent feeder/plug/strip wifi accessories from working. Feeders/plugs/strips must be permitted to communicate via wifi with the Wave Engine or, when you eventually add more controls, the collective master.

A command bus terminator is not needed until you use the command bus with another controller. There a a few things that will prevent communication between the controller and the wifi devices. Make sure you are not on a guest channel on your router. Also make sure the device you are using the app on when pairing is on the same channel you want the wifi device on. It has to be the same channel the controller is on which will be a 2.4ghz channel. If you have a 5ghz channel with the same credentials as your 2.4ghz channel that can cause an issue with wifi devices since they can connect to 5ghz but the controllers cannot and they have to be on the same channel.
I disabled my 5ghz channel on my router to ensure could only connect to the 2.4ghz and still same result. Also not sure what flashing colors are on the Wifi strip dial mean (tried to research but could not find anything). Mine during linking is flashing fast with one half of the dial in blue and the other half red. It has never turned to all red as indicated in the instructions for pairing.

I disabled my 5ghz channel on my router to ensure could only connect to the 2.4ghz and still same result. Also not sure what flashing colors are on the Wifi strip dial mean (tried to research but could not find anything). Mine during linking is flashing fast with one half of the dial in blue and the other half red. It has never turned to all red as indicated in the instructions for p
Is your Wave Engine attached to a guest network? Or do you happen to know if ap isolation or client isolation features are enabled on your wifi? Such configurations will allow Wave Engine and Hydros controls to connect/communicate but will prevent feeder/plug/strip wifi accessories from working. Feeders/plugs/strips must be permitted to communicate via wifi with the Wave Engine or, when you eventually add more controls, the collective master.
That was it....turned off AP Isolation and connected fine. Thank you for the help!

I disabled my 5ghz channel on my router to ensure could only connect to the 2.4ghz and still same result. Also not sure what flashing colors are on the Wifi strip dial mean (tried to research but could not find anything). Mine during linking is flashing fast with one half of the dial in blue and the other half red. It has never turned to all red as indicated in the instructions for pairing.
How close do you have the wifi strip to your router? Also make sure the device you have the app on is on the same wifi channel you want to pair the wifi strip to. Also make sure that is the same channel the controller is on. Also make sure it is not on a guest channel. Also some routers will block communications between wifi devices and that needs to happen for the controller and wifi strips to communicate with each other.

Back