Wave LE with Gyre 4K setup trouble (Always shows red "Check Pump"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Edgecrusher28

Reaction score
Tried setting up my new Wave LE controller today that I had purchased as a combo with the Gyre 4k pump. I was able to add the controller to my collective, updated the firmware and began to add the pump (following the hydros tutorial). However, no matter what I do all I ever get is a Check pump red tile and the pump simply doesn't work. I have re-installed firm wares, swapped output ports, etc etc. Any ideas why I am running into this issue? I hope its user error!

Tried setting up my new Wave LE controller today that I had purchased as a combo with the Gyre 4k pump. I was able to add the controller to my collective, updated the firmware and began to add the pump (following the hydros tutorial). However, no matter what I do all I ever get is a Check pump red tile and the pump simply doesn't work. I have re-installed firm wares, swapped output ports, etc etc. Any ideas why I am running into this issue? I hope its user error!
Do you have the power supply plugged into the WE LE and plugged into the wall. If that is not hooked up and powered the pump will not have any power. The WE LE can get power from the command bus but only for its brain and not the pumps.

Did you add the WELE to an existing collective. More often than not people experiencing CHECK PUMP just assume WELE gets its power from the command bus. Unfortunately that is only partially true. Command bus is sufficient to power the brain but not the direct drive ports. Power supply must be plugged in. Rule of thumb: if a Hydros control has a dedicated power port (XD, X10, Kraken, WE, WELE) then it must be plugged into power. Connect command bus and mininum one, recommended two, command bus terminators to link all members together. Never use the small wall wart power which plugs into command bus if you have any of the mentioned devices. And it is safe to have multiple of these devices providing power as they have power isolation capabilities.

Back