WE and return pump compatibility

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

wrz0170

Reaction score
So I’m trying to find a DC pump small enough to fit in a Biocube and one that won’t blow my fish out of the water with high GPH. I found a couple that may fit the bill but don’t know the compatibility and if or what adapter I may need to integrate.

Coral Box DCA 2000 (500gph) Apex Ready. It is 0-10v

and

Jebao DCP-2500 Sine-Wave (this one may need some mods)

Thanks!

The WE can handle the VarioS-2 and the VarioS-4 water pumps. Maybe one of those will work for you?

So I’m trying to find a DC pump small enough to fit in a Biocube and one that won’t blow my fish out of the water with high GPH. I found a couple that may fit the bill but don’t know the compatibility and if or what adapter I may need to integrate.

Coral Box DCA 2000 (500gph) Apex Ready. It is 0-10v

and

Jebao DCP-2500 Sine-Wave (this one may need some mods)

Thanks!

The coral box pump will work with the 0-10V output port on either the wave engine or the control 4 since its an apex ready device. The only issue is adapting from the Hydros GX12-6 port to the 3.5MM port on the pump controller. Reefbreeders recommends this cable to connect to apex (DCA Apex VDM Adapter Cable - ReefBreeders.com) but Hydros doesn't use an ethernet port style connector. Hydros does sell this 0-10V output cord (HYDROS 0-10V Quad Cable) that splits the Hydros 0-10V port to 4 3.5mm control channels. So that would give you the correct adapter for physically connecting to the Coralbox controller. The only issue is that I can not confirm that the Coralbox DCA adapter's 3.5MM plug is wired with the same polarity as the Coralvue Hydros 3.5mm adapter. Most likely they are the same and it will just work. Worst case it doesn't control it and you have to either cut the cable and swap the TIP and SLEEVE polarities on the Hydros adapter or buy some 3.5mm jack pigtails off Amazon and make your own polarity swap adapter. I would bet you have a 95% chance of it just working.

As for adapting directly just the pump from a Jebao DCP or coralbox sinewave pump to the direct drive port of a wave engine.... I wouldn't recommend this since those ports were design specifically for the pumps suggested by CV, which include the Varios 2/4 above as Carlos suggested.

Thanks Carlos and Jeff. I will do some digging on this. As far as the VarioS 2, it might fit the return pump area of the Biocube 32.

Just wanted to note this in case someone else was looking to control the coral box return pump with the 0-10v. It works out of the box on the apex ready pumps. It has a 3.5mm port on the controller right side

Just wanted to note this in case someone else was looking to control the coral box return pump with the 0-10v. It works out of the box on the apex ready pumps. It has a 3.5mm port on the controller right side
Do you have this setup on the hydros that you can share your setup?

Attachments

• IMG_0794.png
    IMG_0794.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0795.png
    IMG_0795.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Thank you but for some reason mine won’t work, does the pump need to be conectes to power as well or will the hydros give power? See my setup below:
0-10v is just a control voltage. It will not power anything.

Back