Web-app data filtering

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

KWolfe81

Reaction score
Posting this just for general knowledge share. I've been recording raw data measurements directly from my Control 4x & Wave Engine. There is some filtering happening, either on the device itself or potentially on the web backend prior to being displayed in the UI app.

Plot of pH measurements as reported by the device on the left, vs. webapp on the right. Spikes in the data are soda ash dosings and are real. Notice the webapp graphy is less noisy - spikes aren't as high and some ripples smoothed out.

1711037733387.png 1711038130853.png

I don't have any concern over this, but if anyone from Coralvue can tell us what sort of filtering is enabled, that knowledge might be helpful for people setting up automations and those who want to know exactly how their system is responding (until I started connecting this data, I had no idea how impactful the soda ash dosings really were).

Play on words but I would say there isn't any filtering going on. High probability though your sample rate is greater than the web app sample rate. Higher sample rate may not be possible with available ESP32 resources and other master control functuons. Just a guess..

Curious which pump you're using for soda ash. i see many people using the Hydros 43ml/min. It's a good general purpose pump but I'm not a fan of it for the kalk use case. Think the 2ml/min or a stepper at lower rate and longer duration is a better choice to smooth or prevent these spikes.

Play on words but I would say there isn't any filtering going on. High probability though your sample rate is greater than the web app sample rate. Higher sample rate may not be possible with available ESP32 resources and other master control functuons. Just a guess..

Curious which pump you're using for soda ash. i see many people using the Hydros 43ml/min. It's a good general purpose pump but I'm not a fan of it for the kalk use case. Think the 2ml/min or a stepper at lower rate and longer duration is a better choice to smooth or prevent these spikes.

My values are coming directly from the Control 4x via the CAN bus, so my sample rate is the Hydros's sample rate. But yea, the web app may be doing decimation to limit server or flash drive usage.

The dosing pump is a DIY setup and is currently pumping 95 ml/min. I do have speed control and can turn that down to pretty much any value and will do so. Good suggestion.

Back