WiFi Power Strip Pairing Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TangGuy

Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently bought a used Control 2 with a WiFi power strip. I used to have a Control 4 a couple of years ago. I associated the Contol 2 to my old account. I was able to set up the Control 2 along with the ATO and temperature probe. I have attempted multiple times to pair my WiFi power strip to my Control 2. It is connected to my WiFi, I can see that it has a strong WiFi connection but fails to pair with my Control 2. It comes on solid blue and if I hold down the power button it will blink blue but never pair. Suggestions?

Make sure that you 5ghz channel and 2.4ghz channel do not have the same name. Also the device the app is running on make sure it is on the channel you want the wifi strip on. It should be the same one as the controller is on or they will not pair.

Did you attach the Control 2 to a guest wifi network? Or do you happen to have ap isolation or client isolation features enabled on your wifi? If so, it is unlikely a wifi feeder/plug/strip accessory would connect as they comnunicate differently and require client to client communications be enabled on the local wifi.

Back