XP8 in low power mode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Andy

Reaction score
Well so far thoroughly impressed with the Hydros line and the effort put in to make it simple but flexible enough to handle so many different requirements!

Waiting to get my hands on an XP8 (heard from my pusher some are due in Canukistan this week😀). I'm adding a diy 12VDC backup using a relay to the power input of a WaveEngine LE. This connects to an X4 and then will finally connect to an XP8, all throught the command bus as a collective.

So as all parts have brains and can work in low power mode is it possible to change the state of an XP8 port when in this mode? I'd like to power off the skimmer port and add a short delay so when the main power comes back on my sump level can stabilise before the skimmer kicks in. It tends to go nuts if the water level is too high.

If not possible then could this be a feature in future firmware updates? Unless of course it's not physically possible to change a port without main power.0

The control part of the XP8 should work. Also set the depends on on the skimmer to your return pump. That way the minimum off time will start when the return pump output turns on. Just uncheck the pumps in low power mode and they will turn off if you enter low power mode.

You may want to get a UPS for you router and modem also. I got one for them after the rolling blackouts we had last February.

That's a good idea, never had anything powered up during a blackout to connect to before.......now how to get one slipped through expenses without the boss bitching (work not the wife!).

Back