Adding WE to collective clears config?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

KWolfe81

Reaction score
I (now) have a Control x4 and a Wave Engine (v1). When I added the WE to a new collective, all of the config for the Wave Engine got cleared (e.g. inputs/outputs/schedules/etc all gone). Fortunately, I was able to remove the WE from the collective and find it's old config but in any case, I was shocked the config didn't transfer over seamlessly.

Is this a known issue (sorry if it's been covered here before)?

Known issue. Guess I should have RTFM. Maybe consider adding this warning to the App and/or clarify that "ALL DATA" = "All configurations". Just a thought.

1708673600106.png

Known issue. Guess I should have RTFM. Maybe consider adding this warning to the App and/or clarify that "ALL DATA" = "All configurations". Just a thought.

View attachment 4111
This does not just apply to the WE. It applies to any controller added to an existing collective . So adding a second , third , fourth etc etc will be imported blank. This has been this way since day one of the Collective interface. We recommend doing all programming to those additional controllers AFTER you have added them to the Collective. :) STEP 2. HYDROS Control - Adding to Collective

This does not just apply to the WE. It applies to any controller added to an existing collective . So adding a second , third , fourth etc etc will be imported blank. This has been this way since day one of the Collective interface. We recommend doing all programming to those additional controllers AFTER you have added them to the Collective. :) STEP 2. HYDROS Control - Adding to Collective
All I need is a time machine to go back and buy the Control 4 first years ago ;)

Any controller other than the first controller of the collective will loose any settings when added to an existing collective. It has always been that way. It may be too late now but you could always take screenshots of all inputs or outputs or create them in the collective before you add the controller but leave the device ports at none like it is a virtual output You may not be able to do that with all the inputs though.

@Danny I was able to remove the WE from the collective, restore an archived config, take the screenshots, rebuild the collective, and reapply the configuration. Annoying, but not the worst. Also, can understand the complications of making the settings transfer over, so no blame to CoralVue for not having this happen automagically.

I can see why they would not allow transfer of settings into an existing collective but allow it when created since the collective has no settings to begin with. Not too many people are going to add controllers with existing settings since most will add to the collective when the get the controller so they would already be blank.

Back