Firmware 242 / App 2.3.4 (228)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Firmware 242 is now available for the following devices:
  • Control X4
  • Control X2
  • Control XS
  • Control X3
  • Control XP8
  • WaveEngine
  • WaveEngine v2
  • WaveEngine LE
  • IceCap WiFi Controller
IMPORTANT:
  • All outputs will default to AUTO when upgrading from firmware 197 to firmware 242. If you previously manually set any outputs to ON or OFF, you MUST manually reapply/change/override them after upgrading.
  • All reservoir values will be lost when upgrading from firmware 197 to firmware 242. You must manually set the volume again.
NEVER, EVER, EVER update your firmware if you are not in the same location as your controller.

Firmware 242 requires App 2.3.4. To update to firmware 242, you must first download App 2.3.4 from the app store. If you are using the web app, please clear your browser's cache so it updates to the new app as well.

On Vacation and Need Access to App 2.3.2?
If you are on vacation and cannot update the firmware right away, you can always access your devices via the Web App (Previous). Note that if you update the firmware, you will not be able to use 2.3.2.

Installation Instructions:

Step 1: Download the new version of the app from your app store
Step 2: Download and install the latest firmware version. You must download App version 2.3.4 first BEFORE updating to firmware 242.

Please visit the CoralVueHYDROS.com website for more in-depth instructions on downloading and installing the new firmware.

Full Changelog

Hi Carlos,
I downloaded and installed the firmware, and reset my overrides. All OK except on my doser reservoir, I've lost the "reservoir remaining" value and can't see how to restore it. It says reservoir remaining 0.0 but it's still half full.

Thanks,
Arch

Hi Carlos,
I downloaded and installed the firmware, and reset my overrides. All OK except on my doser reservoir, I've lost the "reservoir remaining" value and can't see how to restore it. It says reservoir remaining 0.0 but it's still half full.

Thanks,
Arch
Yes, reservoir value is related to overrides. You will need to set it again using the SET button.

Hi Carlos,

Thanks,
Arch
you can set it to the value you wish. I have a small reservoir and set mine to .4l when I refill it.

Before 242, the limit for the reservoir was 32L. Now you can go way higher!

Really happy to see the pH sensitivity improved! Thank you!

I am, however, seeing some oddities in my pH readings since the update.

My probe is controlling a peristaltic to maintain pH in the 8.33-8.34 range.

My readings are otherwise normal, but every hour or so, I'll get a false reading to upwards of 8.6. Within a few minutes or even seconds it will drop back down.

I considered this was possibly a localized high pH reading in my sump, so I moved the probe to my frag tank, but I am still getting the false readings. Not to mention, the rate at which my peristaltic is dosing kalkwasser could not possibly create such a spike in such a short amount of time.

I have a second pH monitor that I'm using to confirm these spikes are false readings. Both probes were calibrated within the last couple weeks.

Screenshot_20220728-054720.png PXL_20220728_104714885.MP.jpg

hydrosph.png

Firmware upgrade turned all outputs to on for me, including the dosing pump :(.

X4 with xp8 and WE. Wave engine pumps showed as on but were not.

Really happy to see the pH sensitivity improved! Thank you!

I am, however, seeing some oddities in my pH readings since the update.

My probe is controlling a peristaltic to maintain pH in the 8.33-8.34 range.

My readings are otherwise normal, but every hour or so, I'll get a false reading to upwards of 8.6. Within a few minutes or even seconds it will drop back down.

I considered this was possibly a localized high pH reading in my sump, so I moved the probe to my frag tank, but I am still getting the false readings. Not to mention, the rate at which my peristaltic is dosing kalkwasser could not possibly create such a spike in such a short amount of time.

I have a second pH monitor that I'm using to confirm these spikes are false readings. Both probes were calibrated within the last couple weeks.

View attachment 2503 View attachment 2504

View attachment 2502
Try rebooting the collective and see if that clears up the issue.

Were the outputs in override on, or were they in AUTO and automatically turned ON?
They were all in auto prior to the update, after the firmware update appears to have changed them all to on. All the output Tiles were orange and I changed them all back from On to Auto.

They were all in auto prior to the update, after the firmware update appears to have changed them all to on. All the output Tiles were orange and I changed them all back from On to Auto.
Did you download the firmware when it came out early yesterday morning?

Did you download and install the firmware this morning, or did you download the firmware yesterday morning and install it this morning?
Downloaded and installed this morning. I wasn’t aware there was new firmware until I saw the notice on the app this morning.

Downloaded and installed this morning. I wasn’t aware there was new firmware until I saw the notice on the app this morning.
So here is what I "think" happened. You downloaded and installed 242 on your collective, but you did it one device at a time. If you installed 242 on the primary but left the secondary on 197, it would cause issues because both firmware versions are very different. We will probably have to add an option to Download All and Install All, so it makes it easier for folks to do this and minimize the chances of multiple devices running incompatible firmware in a collective.

Thank you for the heads up!

So here is what I "think" happened. You downloaded and installed 242 on your collective, but you did it one device at a time. If you installed 242 on the primary but left the secondary on 197, it would cause issues because both firmware versions are very different. We will probably have to add an option to Download All and Install All, so it makes it easier for folks to do this and minimize the chances of multiple devices running incompatible firmware in a collective.

Thank you for the heads up!
That’s exactly how I did it. Through the app, downloaded firmware for each device (x4, x8, WE) and installed one at a time.

Stuff happens, I appreciate the prompt response and possible solutions.

Back