Firmware 242 / App 2.3.4 (228)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

I keep trying to download update on my XP8 and it stops and won’t push through… downloaded for my WaveEngine and X4, and app is up to date. Tried it twice now it won’t finish. Any help?

Attachments

• 7ACA9EE2-AC9F-40C2-B741-66A7A23DBAAE.png
    7ACA9EE2-AC9F-40C2-B741-66A7A23DBAAE.png
    360.6 KB · Views: 1
I keep trying to download update on my XP8 and it stops and won’t push through… downloaded for my WaveEngine and X4, and app is up to date. Tried it twice now it won’t finish. Any help?
Others have had to try several times but it did eventually download for them.

Try the following:

1) Restart your router and access point if you have one and wait until you can browse the internet
2) Restart your HYDROS devices
3) Try to download the firmware again

See if that helps.

Also, check line of sight. Draw an imaginary line between the router and the offending device and see if a body of water (aquarium or sump) is directly in the path. WiFi cannot travel through water; if the device is blocked, it would explain the intermittent connection. Moving the device or the router might help the problem.

Try the following:

1) Restart your router and access point if you have one and wait until you can browse the internet
2) Restart your HYDROS devices
3) Try to download the firmware again

See if that helps.

Also, check line of sight. Draw an imaginary line between the router and the offending device and see if a body of water (aquarium or sump) is directly in the path. WiFi cannot travel through water; if the device is blocked, it would explain the intermittent connection. Moving the device or the router might help the problem.
Line of sight is the exact same as other devices that downloaded no issue. Will try to reboot my devices and try again.

@Carlos i finally got it. For some reason it put a bunch of tiles “on” that were set to “auto” and my ATO kept running… Eesh.

Attachments

• F7F1763B-02A0-427A-BB51-A38CEE4365BA.png
    F7F1763B-02A0-427A-BB51-A38CEE4365BA.png
    454.9 KB · Views: 1
it is likely that you installed the firmware one device at a time instead of downloading to all the devices and subsequently installing it on all the devices. Is that what happened?

Hi Carlos,
I downloaded and installed the firmware, and reset my overrides. All OK except on my doser reservoir, I've lost the "reservoir remaining" value and can't see how to restore it. It says reservoir remaining 0.0 but it's still half full.

Thanks,
Arch
This might not be the place for it but can you point me to where I can setup this reservoir remaining?

This might not be the place for it but can you point me to where I can setup this reservoir remaining?
From the status screen, find the dosing pump output and tap on it. It will open up a popup window where you can "Set or Update" the dosing volume.

Hi Carlos,

I just upgraded to 244, after the upgrade when on AUTO nothing would run, if I set the status of say a pump to Min or Max it would work okay. However, I have everything set to AUTO so it automatically runs different flow patterns that you helped me setup. I have had to drop back to version 197 and use the Web app for now. Is there something else I have to do after the upgrade?

thanks Rod

Hi Carlos,

I just upgraded to 244, after the upgrade when on AUTO nothing would run, if I set the status of say a pump to Min or Max it would work okay. However, I have everything set to AUTO so it automatically runs different flow patterns that you helped me setup. I have had to drop back to version 197 and use the Web app for now. Is there something else I have to do after the upgrade?

thanks Rod
It sounds like your schedules aren't configured correctly. Do the following:

1) Go into your flow schedule and scroll down to the bottom of the setup page
2) Enable Advanced Settings
3) Set Control Input to None (very important)
4) Set your Run Count to 0
5) Turn OFF Enable Advanced Settings
6) Upload your changes

After that, go ahead and update your devices.

Back