Hydros Kraken - Common DC Reefing Equipment List

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

The Hydros feeder wants a USB connection for power. Is there any way to get a 12v port cable that can power the feeder? Or an adapter cable that converts from 12v drive on one end to a regular USB port on the other end?

The Hydros feeder wants a USB connection for power. Is there any way to get a 12v port cable that can power the feeder? Or an adapter cable that converts from 12v drive on one end to a regular USB port on the other end?
The feeder comes with the AC adapter to plug it in a AC outlet. It has to be powered all the time to work correctly so I see no use in using up a Kraken port for that.

The feeder comes with the AC adapter to plug it in a AC outlet. It has to be powered all the time to work correctly so I see no use in using up a Kraken port for that.
I would like to take advantage of the battery backup feature of Kraken for my feeder as a just-in-case setup. Maybe I could DIY something.

I would like to take advantage of the battery backup feature of Kraken for my feeder as a just-in-case setup. Maybe I could DIY something.
They used to make a USB adapter that would plug into a cigarette lighter socket for cars but not sure if you can still get those since all new cars have USB outlets in them. If you can you may be able to use one of those to DIY an adapter from drive port to USB.

Looks like you could possibly use this on a force OR drive port: Amazon.com

FYI, the standard barrel adapter that comes with the kraken force cable does not work with the ecotech xr15 gen5. It appears the inner portion of the barrel adapter is slightly smaller and will not fit.

I also found that the tunze turbelle controller part number 7090.200 also does not fit the kraken force cable for the same reason as above.

you can get
FYI, the standard barrel adapter that comes with the kraken force cable does not work with the ecotech xr15 gen5. It appears the inner portion of the barrel adapter is slightly smaller and will not fit.

I also found that the tunze turbelle controller part number 7090.200 also does not fit the kraken force cable for the same reason as above.
you can get a 5.5/2.1 to 5.5 2.5 barrel adapter from Amazon for that as long as the polarity is the same. Make sure the polarity is correct though.

Thanks for the info, updated my spreadsheet

What polarity I should be looking for?
I think the center is positive on the Kraken but I will have to check when I get home but the supply you are replacing will need to be the same. Most of them will show that on the supply somewhere.

Ahhh, learning something new. Center positive for the tunze and Radions?

image.jpg
image.jpg

@OSUTeege Hopefully you are not trying to replace that power supply on a force ports since it is a 12v supply and the force port is 24v. That would need to go on a Kraken drive port.

no worries, all good there, I have the gear connected to the appropriate ports. I’m just trying to figure out the barrel size issue. Thanks for the help.

no worries, all good there, I have the gear connected to the appropriate ports. I’m just trying to figure out the barrel size issue. Thanks for the help.
that is the same polarity with the positive in the center for the drive port.

Has anyone tried running a 12 to 24v converter on the battery backup leg so it gets 24 at all times on low power mode?

Back