IceCap Dual Controller not working after firmware 190 update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nbarbier79

Reaction score
I tried to setup my IceCap Dual Pump Controller last night for the first time in what I thought would be an relatively easy process. However, after downloading the HYDROS app, creating a cloud account, and connecting the controller to my homes WiFi, the app prompted me to download and install Firmware update 190. Once I did this, the controller rebooted, flashed green on the upper left LED and blue on the upper right LED, but only stayed on for 5 seconds. Per the online setup instructions, I recycled the controller power by unplugging the power cable from the controller, wafting 10 seconds and then plugging the power cable back in. The controller once again rebooted, and stayed on for just 5 seconds, and then all LEDs went dark. No matter how many times I reboot the controller, it keeps doing the same thing. This sounds like a firmware error, though the controller and app did not give me any indication of one. How can I get the controller to setup properly?

Lights may all be off because they were set to off. All my lights go off after 10:00 pm and I think that may even be the default if not changed.
Were you doing this later at night?

Lights may all be off because they were set to off. All my lights go off after 10:00 pm and I think that may even be the default if not changed.
Were you doing this later at night?
Yes, The lights on the controller were on earlier in the evening but went off later at night.

The settings for that are in the options menu. LED On Time and LED Off Time.

1D153923-8C61-4FEC-BDE0-FB49CF453643.png

I think that carried over from the Hydros control units. They have had that option since I have had mine.

I think that carried over from the Hydros control units. They have had that option since I have had mine.
I did a water change yesterday and set the Water Change mode for 30 minutes. However, the powerheads did not turn off when I saved the changes. What am I doing wrong?

I used the HYDROS app.
Yes, but was it initiated on the Hydros controller or the IceCap controller. Also if the IceCap is like the wave engine the active when settings are in the schedule instead of the output settings.

If you initiated it on the IceCap and the pump did not change check the schedule or schedules for the pumps and check the active when settings and make sure they are off in the water change mode if you want the pumps off in that mode.

If you initiated it on the IceCap and the pump did not change check the schedule or schedules for the pumps and check the active when settings and make sure they are off in the water change mode if you want the pumps off in that mode.
Will do. I will check in the app when I get a change. I work in a building where I don't get cell phone signal in most of the building. So I will have to check the next time I'm in a space where I get signal.
Thanks Danny!

Will do. I will check in the app when I get a change. I work in a building where I don't get cell phone signal in most of the building. So I will have to check the next time I'm in a space where I get signal.
Thanks Danny!
There is no schedules currently in the Schedules portion of the app. Do I need to create one?

Here is the online manual instructions for schedules. IceCap WiFi Dual Pump Controller - How to Create a Flow Schedules
Yes, I read that. But do I need to create a schedule just to use the Water Change mode when I'm doing a water change? All I really want is for the powerheads not to be running out of the water when I'm actually doing a water change. I can manually turn off the pumps in the Status window of the app. But that kind of defeats the purpose of having a water change mode, doesn't it?

Back