Skimmer Time Schedule Request

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Hind

Reaction score
I would love to see a start and stop time added to the skimmer profile in the future. I'm using a LED Light profile for my skimmer just so I can use this feature. Thanks!

You can use the generic output with the input set to 0 to do this unless you have inputs also. You can also set the depends on on the skimmer setup to a generic output and then set the schedule on that output along with any other inputs you want to use to control the skimmer. I set one up like this below. I don't have the schedule set but all I would have to do is set has schedule and set the times. The actual skimmer output has the depends on setting set for this output and set to off when off.

2B977F89-2677-42D0-BFC2-F91BF2F236A8.png

I would really like to see this too. Seems like a super odd feature to be missing, especially 3 years after the request. It's nice to have a work around, better to have a native solution. No reason it should be difficult to add scheduling to every device within device properties. Simple scheduling should be part of any controller setup from day one, and while I have really enjoyed the Hydros, this is a weird and annoying oversight.

I apologize if it's already been added and I don't see it.

I would really like to see this too. Seems like a super odd feature to be missing, especially 3 years after the request. It's nice to have a work around, better to have a native solution. No reason it should be difficult to add scheduling to every device within device properties. Simple scheduling should be part of any controller setup from day one, and while I have really enjoyed the Hydros, this is a weird and annoying oversight.

I apologize if it's already been added and I don't see it.
It is a part of the generic output type and has been since the Hydros was released. All you have to do is use the generic output type instead of the skimmer output type and the turn on has schedule and it will let you set a on time and off time. If you enable advanced settings on the output it even allows for multiple off and on times as long as they are all equal and happen a even amount of time apart. The skimmer output type is for someone getting started and makes it simpler to setup but almost any output can be done with the generic type or combiner type or a combination on more complex setups. Also even though it is the generic output type you can set the icon on the output for the skimmer output so unless you go into the settings you would not know the difference between the skimmer output type and generic output type.

It is a part of the generic output type and has been since the Hydros was released. All you have to do is use the generic output type instead of the skimmer output type and the turn on has schedule and it will let you set a on time and off time. If you enable advanced settings on the output it even allows for multiple off and on times as long as they are all equal and happen a even amount of time apart. The skimmer output type is for someone getting started and makes it simpler to setup but almost any output can be done with the generic type or combiner type or a combination on more complex setups. Also even though it is the generic output type you can set the icon on the output for the skimmer output so unless you go into the settings you would not know the difference between the skimmer output type and generic output type.
Hey thanks for the tip about the icon, I love that! That satisfies my OCD.

Back