When is the Hydros Launch going to Launch ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rockdiver

Reaction score
Looking to buy but trying to decide what controller.
Does anyone know when the Hydros Launch is be out ?
Either that or the pro pack
Bit maybe the kracken because of the battery back up.

Help me decide !

The Kraken is has only outputs so you would need another controller for any inputs needed. I think they will be selling the Launch this weekend at the show.

Hmm be nice to be able to go to the show but I'm in chicago ! Pretty sure I'm going to do the hydros launch I did a count and the 4 plugs is all I need for now if more is needed in the future ill get the x8 plus the 4 sense ports are good and I have the control 2 so that's 2 more
What can I use the drive ports for ?
Right now I'm good with what I have since it's all working but as it wears out I will convert over to hydros stuff. Like my ato, feeder and my other stuff.
Be nice to come out with a backup battery like the kraken stand alone.

Hmm be nice to be able to go to the show but I'm in chicago ! Pretty sure I'm going to do the hydros launch I did a count and the 4 plugs is all I need for now if more is needed in the future ill get the x8 plus the 4 sense ports are good and I have the control 2 so that's 2 more
What can I use the drive ports for ?
Right now I'm good with what I have since it's all working but as it wears out I will convert over to hydros stuff. Like my ato, feeder and my other stuff.
Be nice to come out with a backup battery like the kraken stand alone.
You can use a IceCap v3 backup with the wave engines and they will keep the control bus powered. There is a cable kit for hooking the IceCap v3 backup up to the WE. The drive ports can power the Hydros simple dosers, Solenoids and the Hydros ATO pump. It is a 12v output so anything that can be powered by 12v as long as the current is within limits of the drive port outputs.

Hmm I'll have to look at the ice cap I have a generator but I work an 1.5 hours away from the house so would want something to kick in when it happens.
I dont have the WE righteous just the control 2 and wifi strips

Was just thinking and the topic was when was the launch going to be coming out. Do you know ?
Thanks

Hmm I'll have to look at the ice cap I have a generator but I work an 1.5 hours away from the house so would want something to kick in when it happens.
I dont have the WE righteous just the control 2 and wifi strips

Icecap, Kraken or DIY.

Icecap, Kraken or DIY.

But you would need a Control with 0-10V input.

Thanks ill have to read this a few times to understand it more.
With quickly reading I don't get it but I'll study it more
I'll have the Launch once it comes out. That has the in
Thanks

Just received the Launch @Danny bigger then I thought looks nice !
So just plug it in ? Create a collective with my control 2 ?
Have to read up on creating a collective

Go ahead and plug it in and get it in your account and get the wifi setup before connecting it to your other controller. Also check the firmware and make sure both controllers have current firmware. Once that is done before connecting them together access your old controller. Make sure you don't have the new one accessed. Create a collective in the app. Once the collective is created you should be in the collective with your origninal controller. The collective should now have all the settings in your original controller, Now you can power down both controllers are all if you have more. Once you get the two hooked together make sure and remove the X2 power supply from the command bus since it is not compatible with any other source of power and the Launch will power the bus once it is plugged back in. Make sure and add the terminators to the open command bus ports before powering it back up. Once powered back up and it has rebooted. Select the collective if you are not in it. Select devices from the left menu there should be a + sign on a blue dot in lower right. Click that and then enter you new launch as the controller you want to add to the collective. Once upload changes is done you should have both controllers in the collective.

Last edited:
Good morning so I seem to have it all set.
Was wondering how to set up the alert for the plugs on the Launch
Like for my return pump on plug 1
I'm not understanding how to do it.
Thanks Danny this has been fairly easy unbelievable lol

Good morning so I seem to have it all set.
Was wondering how to set up the alert for the plugs on the Launch
Like for my return pump on plug 1
I'm not understanding how to do it.
Thanks Danny this has been fairly easy unbelievable lol

Laumch does not have power monitoring like the XP8 does.

Oh ok crap lol
Figured the plugs had the same capability as in the XP8
That's a bummer but ok.
But they do turn off and on like for the heaters and chiller correct
They must since there is a setting for that.

Oh ok crap lol
Figured the plugs had the same capability as in the XP8
That's a bummer but ok.
But they do turn off and on like for the heaters and chiller correct
They must since there is a setting for that.

Aside from power monitoring and quantity of outlets they have all the same capabilities of the XP8.

Any advice on setting up the PH probe
go ahead and hook it up and remove the cap and rinse and blow dry and place it in the tank where you want it and wait a few day before calibration. The first 24 hours will be the largest drift but after about 5 day most of thr drift should be over. If you have plenty of calibration packets you can calibrate after the first 24 hours and the calibrate again in about a week.

Back