Firmware 186 / App 199

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Ok, I was able to get the return pump going again, so life support is back to ok. It is connected, Yes. I just had the wrong direct output selected.

So what do I do about the Collective of 1? The app wont allow me to do anything other than try to download the new one. I can't delete the collective because it keeps going back to wanting to update, or go back which is just a blank screen
Please submit a ticket at CoralVue Support Portal, and we will get you fixed up in no time.

Ok, the issue why you are having problems downloading the firmware is because you have a collective of 1. That is something that is an overkill since a collective is only for more than one devices. On the old version of the app we do warn you not to create a collective of one and on the new app, it is something we do not allow.

In this case, we will need to destroy your collective, then restore your settings into the individual device, and then update the settings. Once you remove the device from a collective of one, you will be able to update without any problems.

Please submit a ticket at CoralVue Support Portal and tomorrow we will help you with the process. We will get you updated in no time. We just need to follow the steps in the correct order.

Did you change something on my device? It can't connect to internet anymore. It's fine to wait till tomorrow to fix the problem on updating. But it's not acceptable to left my device in an unusable state for the night.

Did you change something on my device? It can't connect to internet anymore. It's fine to wait till tomorrow to fix the problem on updating. But it's not acceptable to left my device in an unusable state for the night.
I replied to your support ticket. Please check your email.

Didn't see any email yet. Clicked to the support ticket link in the confirmation email, didn't see a reply there either. Ticket HLC-ZDDZB-456

Wow. Gyre mode is messed up. The pumps don't beat against each other. One shuts off then the other runs. This is more of a wave mode.

Wow. Gyre mode is messed up. The pumps don't beat against each other. One shuts off then the other runs. This is more of a wave mode.

Check your schedule. If you have 2 pumps and one is set to “same” and one to “opposite”, one will run forward while the other runs in reverse which sounds like what you describe. If you want them to run in the same direction set them to the same side. Also check if “allow reverse” is checked in the schedule. That will allow gyre mode to operate in reverse. That may not have imported from your old settings since it’s a new field I believe at this level.

Check your schedule. If you have 2 pumps and one is set to “same” and one to “opposite”, one will run forward while the other runs in reverse which sounds like what you describe. If you want them to run in the same direction set them to the same side. Also check if “allow reverse” is checked in the schedule. That will allow gyre mode to operate in reverse. That may not have imported from your old settings since it’s a new field I believe at this level.
No, the way gyre mode worked before is that the pumps worked against each other creating turbulence that moved back and forth across the tank. The way you described is what some people traditionally think of gyre mode. And reverse mode is required. But that's not how it worked before. It worked as I described and was awesome. Also, to control this with my apex I have to enable advanced controls and the defaults don't look reasonable with the documentation of each setting being deficient. Also, the auto conversion did not work as described at all. Too bad the wave engine was a great product. Now it is not.

No, the way gyre mode worked before is that the pumps worked against each other creating turbulence that moved back and forth across the tank. The way you described is what some people traditionally think of gyre mode. And reverse mode is required. But that's not how it worked before. It worked as I described and was awesome. Also, to control this with my apex I have to enable advanced controls and the defaults don't look reasonable with the documentation of each setting being deficient. Also, the auto conversion did not work as described at all. Too bad the wave engine was a great product. Now it is not.

From my understanding, I don’t believe any of the pump profiles or controls changed. They are all still there. Just controls moved into less levels to make it easier to use and program. Additional features and control were added even. All the wave engine documentation on the website has been updated to reflect the firmware update. Check out this page on schedules and advanced feature descriptions: HYDROS WaveEngine - How to Create a Flow Schedule - Help Page

I exclusively use gyre setting in all my tanks (I run 5 WE) and haven’t had any issues with creating what I’ve needed with the new profiles. The import isn’t perfect, it’s hard to convert every situation, but majority of the information should’ve translated. Double check settings and see if something looks off. In the end I am just a user but I’ve been happy with the changes.

Carlos was amazing tonight. No doubt tired from support calls all day today from the big update- he jumped right in and took over my HC4 and walked me through a step by step process that had me running in short order.

I mucked up the system by creating a Collective of 1 a few weeks ago and it wouldn't take the update today and my HC4 was basically useless. My tank's entire life support system does really rely on it so I was in a bit of a panic. I could have spent a couple hours rigging things for the night but after talking to Carlos I quickly calmed down when he offered up a link to the old app - I could at least bring up the HC4 and have it restore the program to the 8 devices on my 2x Quad Wifi strips.

No lag in communications - We exchanged messages over socials which helped things moving in real time. He confirmed my config with a screenshot, then he was able to save my config, all I had to do was the hard reset on the device, re-register it with the cloud and he took over from there and did everything remotely while I just watched the LEDs flashing while it did it's thing. I now have my HC4 running with the new update and I can go to sleep without worrying. We did that pretty quick too. Thank you SO MUCH Carlos, your support was outstanding!!

I know you are frustrated, and we are sorry about that. Please give us a reasonable opportunity to fix the issue for you. Please submit a ticket at CoralVue Support Portal. All we ask is that you give us a reasonable chance to fix the issue and make it right... I don't think that is too much to ask.

It is already late here, and I need to get some sleep. Since very early in the morning, we have been working, and I am getting to the point where I cannot think straight anymore. I hope you understand.

Thank you for your consideration, and again, sorry for the inconvenience.

From my understanding, I don’t believe any of the pump profiles or controls changed. They are all still there. Just controls moved into less levels to make it easier to use and program. Additional features and control were added even. All the wave engine documentation on the website has been updated to reflect the firmware update. Check out this page on schedules and advanced feature descriptions: HYDROS WaveEngine - How to Create a Flow Schedule - Help Page

I exclusively use gyre setting in all my tanks (I run 5 WE) and haven’t had any issues with creating what I’ve needed with the new profiles. The import isn’t perfect, it’s hard to convert every situation, but majority of the information should’ve translated. Double check settings and see if something looks off. In the end I am just a user but I’ve been happy with the changes.
Yeah, they definitely changed. There is also a definite bug as the pumps are actually shutting off in a periodic fashion when they should never shut off. This is going to wear out pumps. And, could also create a potential danger for some fish. I have 5 WE engines as well and I am not new to this game in the slightest. The advanced feature documentation is a joke.

You should be able to modify your settings to achieve the same turbulent "Gyre" you are referring too. Put them on the same side setting, or invert one of them and keep the same setting. That should work fine. Just know a "Gyre" is a circular flow pattern, not the turbulent streams hitting each other like you're saying.

I know you are frustrated, and we are sorry about that. Please give us a reasonable opportunity to fix the issue for you. Please submit a ticket at CoralVue Support Portal. All we ask is that you give us a reasonable chance to fix the issue and make it right... I don't think that is too much to ask.

It is already late here, and I need to get some sleep. Since very early in the morning, we have been working, and I am getting to the point where I cannot think straight anymore. I hope you understand.

Thank you for your consideration, and again, sorry for the inconvenience.
Carlos,

Please get some sleep. I submitted a ticket. Look forward to talking to you tomorrow.

You should be able to modify your settings to achieve the same turbulent "Gyre" you are referring too. Put them on the same side setting, or invert one of them and keep the same setting. That should work fine. Just know a "Gyre" is a circular flow pattern, not the turbulent streams hitting each other like you're saying.
Yes, a gyre is usually considered a circular pattern. But for some reason, it has also taken on a meaning similar to what I described. In fact, that is what the wave engine provided previously. I am afraid they might have "fixed it". And I have been trying your suggested solution. But I still have the pumps periodically shutting off when they shouldn't. Also, controlling via apex now requires setting a bunch of settings that have very poor documentation. And the defaults don't make any sense.

Yes, a gyre is usually considered a circular pattern. But for some reason, it has also taken on a meaning similar to what I described. In fact, that is what the wave engine provided previously. I am afraid they might have "fixed it". And I have been trying your suggested solution. But I still have the pumps periodically shutting off when they shouldn't. Also, controlling via apex now requires setting a bunch of settings that have very poor documentation. And the defaults don't make any sense.
I am having the same issue that you are after watching my WE pumps. My 2x XF330's are randomly going dark (shutting off) and powering right back up. Sometimes it happens as much as 10 times in 1 minute. I agree this issue needs looked at right away. @Carlos

If you change to text mode for your outputs, does it give you any error information on those pumps? Or if you click on one of those pumps to bring up the detailed view. Wondering if that sheds any light on the issue.
In the text and detail screens, they do not show the pump shutting off (going dark). They just show it going to 0 with no error conditions.

Back