Firmware 186 / App 199

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

I just updated app and firmware on my collective and WE. I did not add my WE to the collective yet...

I have an XF330 using "LPS reef" flow pattern and I am not seeing it stop as described above.

However I did lose my EcoTech pairing and wondered if that was expected with the update? I know when I add the WE to the collective I will have to rebuild the WE program. With that in mind will I need to pair the EcoTech "after" adding WE to collective? Thanks

here is my screen recording of my pump turning on and off.

I’m not sure if the WE lost it’s connection to my MP40wqd after the update. It seems to be working as intended.

on another note, can we get a way to select what mp40 to show on the status screen? I only want to show 1, since I only have 1 on my WE but it shows all 3 (back, left, right or now colored titles)

I just updated app and firmware on my collective and WE. I did not add my WE to the collective yet...

I have an XF330 using "LPS reef" flow pattern and I am not seeing it stop as described above.

However I did lose my EcoTech pairing and wondered if that was expected with the update? I know when I add the WE to the collective I will have to rebuild the WE program. With that in mind will I need to pair the EcoTech "after" adding WE to collective? Thanks

We tested ETM extensively, and the pairing should not have been lost. Technically, the signal coming from the WE is the same with the same signature (to put it in simple terms), and the ETM pumps are tuned to that particular frequency.

Did you go into the options screen on the WE (after the update) and made sure that ETM mode is enabled?

here is my screen recording of my pump turning on and off.

I’m not sure if the WE lost it’s connection to my MP40wqd after the update. It seems to be working as intended.

on another note, can we get a way to select what mp40 to show on the status screen? I only want to show 1, since I only have 1 on my WE but it shows all 3 (back, left, right or now colored titles)
Based on our findings, ETM engineered the pump so that the master can communicate with the slave, but the slave cannot communicate with the master. The master sends out a signal but does not know if the slave is listening. Think of it as a television signal. The network company sends out a signal into the air, and only televisions tuned to that channel pick it up. Still, the network does not know exactly how many television sets are actually tuned to the channel. An ETM master pump (played by the WaveEngine) puts out three signals (same, opposite, and back), and slave pumps listening for those signals will follow them. If you pair your ETM pump to the WaveEngine and the color on the ETM controller is WHITE, it will follow the "Same Side" signal. If the ETM controller's color is ORANGE, it will follow the "Opposite Side" signal and, if the color is CYAN, it will follow the "Back" signal.

Based on our findings, ETM engineered the pump so that the master can communicate with the slave, but the slave cannot communicate with the master. The master sends out a signal but does not know if the slave is listening. Think of it as a television signal. The network company sends out a signal into the air, and only televisions tuned to that channel pick it up. Still, the network does not know exactly how many television sets are actually tuned to the channel. An ETM master pump (played by the WaveEngine) puts out three signals (same, opposite, and back), and slave pumps listening for those signals will follow them. If you pair your ETM pump to the WaveEngine and the color on the ETM controller is WHITE, it will follow the "Same Side" signal. If the ETM controller's color is ORANGE, it will follow the "Opposite Side" signal and, if the color is CYAN, it will follow the "Back" signal.
Thank you Carlos, that is all understood. I just only want to "display" for example the Orange, so that the Cyan and White do not show on the status screen because they are irrelevant to me as they are not used. Just to clean up the Status screen and still show the ETM pump but not the ones that arent being used.

Also, this does not address the video of my XF330 shutting off and on. Anything to note on that? Seems like the constant shutting off and on could be bad for the pump starting up and shutting off continuously

Thank you Carlos, that is all understood. I just only want to "display" for example the Orange, so that the Cyan and White do not show on the status screen because they are irrelevant to me as they are not used. Just to clean up the Status screen and still show the ETM pump but not the ones that arent being used.

Also, this does not address the video of my XF330 shutting off and on. Anything to note on that? Seems like the constant shutting off and on could be bad for the pump starting up and shutting off continuously
I can definitely see that. I sent you an email via the support portal so we can work on that. This is a public forum, so the information I can ask for is limited.

With this app release you can show, hide and reorder any inputs or outputs that you want to.

Nice work team! Glad to see lots of fixed bugs and a few new features (and possibly a few new bugs but hey, you can't test case everything!). Itd be nice for you all to get into a regular release cadence so people know when to expect new updates. I know it's not easy with all the testing you have to do on "mission critical" hardware, but here's to hoping!

After an almost an hour call today, my Control 4 finally fixed and updated. I appreciate the support given to resolve the issue, but I still can't help to feel frustrated that this was allowed the happen in the first place and it rendered the unit unusable for last night.

From what I gathered, collective of 1 is a known issue for the update before it's reported. So the frustration really comes from that Coralvue did not preemptively put in effort to avoid it, and just left users run into the trouble and rely on customer support to resolve it. At the very least, the release note should mention that the upgrade is incompatible if you have collective of 1, just like the big IMPORTANT note of "NEVER, EVER, EVER update your firmware if you are not in the same location as your controller. ". It will cost zero engineering effort. A little bit better, the update software can easily perform a check, and refuse to update if there is collective of 1, and ask users to open support ticket instead. The more better way is to have the update process perform necessary data migration to move collective of 1 out of a collective. But that seem too complicated a task to ask for. Coralvue also have all the data to find out there are users have collective of 1, and even reach out preemptively to help us migrate out of that state before launching the update.

Unfortunately, none of the possible mitigations happened. As a result, users' devices are left in unfunctional state for a period. Knowingly allow things like this to happen is a surefire way to damage customer trust. Hopefully lessens are learnt and similar avoidable customer issues will not be allowed to happen again.

With this app release you can show, hide and reorder any inputs or outputs that you want to.
I'm going to organize my collective tonight. I consider this an industry-leading feature. It's going to make using it on my phone so much easier.

As an example the screenshot below is my RODI page. The second screenshot is for the tank itself.

377BF03B-FF7D-48CA-8E78-7AF9C0AE5EDA.png

5B8748E2-DA0A-4D24-9AE1-03C744F28648.png

I'm going to organize my collective tonight. I consider this an industry-leading feature. It's going to make using it on my phone so much easier.

You have NOOOO idea lol. I’m using 8 WiFi strips and have 10 devices on 1 collective. Pages have saved my life hahaha

We tested ETM extensively, and the pairing should not have been lost. Technically, the signal coming from the WE is the same with the same signature (to put it in simple terms), and the ETM pumps are tuned to that particular frequency.

Did you go into the options screen on the WE (after the update) and made sure that ETM mode is enabled?
Yes - sorry - after some poking around ETM was not lost in the update - I originally had the ETM as group 2 which did not transfer on updates the ETM pumps to the schedule. Once I increased pump count and selected the ETM choices all is fine. Thanks Carlos

Update -After trying to confirm the pump stopping issue I found if I allow reverse on the XF330 pump output and also the schedule then I do observe the pump stopping as described by others.

I normally have mine set to not allow reverse and did not have the pump stopping! Maybe someone else can confirm this?

Update -After trying to confirm the pump stopping issue I found if I allow reverse on the XF330 pump output and also the schedule then I do observe the pump stopping as described by others.

I normally have mine set to not allow reverse and did not have the pump stopping! Maybe someone else can confirm this?

Thank you Bruce!! Hopefully this helps Carlos and Don to narrow down the programming conflict.

I can confirm that after deselecting "Allow Reverse" the pumps are not shutting off anymore.

I tried a few iterations to see if it was a conflict between Schedule and Pump settings and if I could get them to not shut off, but still allow the reverse function to operate as intended.

First I deselected "Allow Reverse" on BOTH Schedule and Pump settings - This worked! No pumps shutting off but lost the reverse function (This is a given since its off in both locations)

Second - I deselected "Allow Reverse" on the Schedule ONLY - This worked! No pumps shutting off but lost the Reverse function entirely

Third - I shut off "Allow Reverse" on the Pump Settings ONLY and turned the Schedule back to allow reverse. Same thing, Pumps are not shutting off but lost the Reverse Function entirely.

I really would like to have the reverse function working again but for now will keep these settings to avoid any possible pump damage.

This does not seem to save the setting. I hid and reordered several times but there is no "Save" function so when I exit the app and re-enter it does NOT save the changes.

This does not seem to save the setting. I hid and reordered several times but there is no "Save" function so when I exit the app and re-enter it does NOT save the changes.
Make sure that after you move items around you long click to go back to normal view. Plus there is a 30 second refresh timer for cloud writes. Sounds like this will be updated at some point, but for now its a limitation. I believe if you switch between modes (icon/text/graph) that will force an update too.

Back