Kalkwasser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ok I get that. My schedule is 7450ml max dose. Per night. As I dial in my evap. I want the sensor to stop the doser if I dose too much. That and I am checking all and ca.

So I do have a schedul. Is this way good?
I’d do a schedule that runs every “x” mins. So if you do a dosing schedule, you’ll enter the total ml’s per pump, the times you want it to run. So 48 times will dose every 15 mins, the amount you entered divided by 48 each time. You can then enter a “depends on” outlet that will shut it down if the level sensor is too high. This way, you know you’re not going to dose more than the set amount even if the sensor is too high due to a malfunction.

Pics are just an example. You’ll need to enter start/stop times, and adjust the pump flow rate. Might even be back to 100ml with that amount.

Attachments

• IMG_5231.png
    IMG_5231.png
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5230.png
    IMG_5230.png
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 8
Here is current setup

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240201_133431.jpg
    Screenshot_20240201_133431.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240201_133436.jpg
    Screenshot_20240201_133436.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 8
Oooo ok on the IV ? I have a control 4 coming with a probe for constant monitoring. That was my other concern.
Nah don’t worry about the iV. Just wait til the 4 comes in. I mean, you CAN do it on the iV, just not terribly sure it’s something I personally would rely on.

How many times are you doing a alkalinity test, I do 4 a day so my pH gets updated 4 times a day.
Just 1 time with iv but I have a hanna too I check with. I only have the 500ml and seems to get used pretty quick. How much reagent do you store?

Just 1 time with iv but I have a hanna too I check with. I only have the 500ml and seems to get used pretty quick. How much reagent do you store?
I get the concentrate and mix my own as needed. I usually try and keep 2 bottles of the concentrate around when I use one up I order another. I was using a KH carer also and between the 2 they were going through a lot of reagent.

I get the concentrate and mix my own as needed. I usually try and keep 2 bottles of the concentrate around when I use one up I order another. I was using a KH carer also and between the 2 they were going through a lot of reagent.
Thsts what I need to look into. Concentrate.

Thsts what I need to look into. Concentrate.
I had my LFS order me in a 4 liter of concentrate and now he’s stocking it as well. I’m testing a lot at the moment since the X10 and iV are still new and exciting. I also have a KH Carer on my smaller system.

I had my LFS order me in a 4 liter of concentrate and now he’s stocking it as well. I’m testing a lot at the moment since the X10 and iV are still new and exciting. I also have a KH Carer on my smaller system.
The only difference is that the iV is 4 to 1 and the KHC is 8 to 1. Otherwise they use the same concentrate.

Bamatter I am going to use the aci method for ph stability could you share a step by step process to have the ph probe turn off dosing at a set ph target? I will be using a dosing pump plugged into the hydros wifi strip and adding the kalk after lights out for 12 hours or so.i have my evaporation figured out with the weather about to change and windows opening I'd like a fail safe
I run tests every 3 hours on both tanks for the time being

Bamatter I am going to use the aci method for ph stability could you share a step by step process to have the ph probe turn off dosing at a set ph target? I will be using a dosing pump plugged into the hydros wifi strip and adding the kalk after lights out for 12 hours or so.i have my evaporation figured out with the weather about to change and windows opening I'd like a fail safe
Don’t use the pump on a WiFi strip, for starters, unless it’s something that has its own onboard control. If the strip loses WiFi, it will be stuck on or off depending on its last state. Not good.

couple ways of doing ACI-

Set a schedule with your evap rate in ml’s and run count as many as you’d like up to 48. The first picture will run 1500 mls over 48 doses. So every 15 mins will dose 31.25mls of kalk.

Now, in order to do the ACI method, you’ll need to schedule a virtual output based off PH. This outlet will toggle on/off depending on PH reading. You can have the outlet “on” if PH is above 8.3, and off below 8.29. Your schedule will have a dependency on that outlet, and you can program “off if on”. This is going to kill the kalk dosing when above 8.3.

This is probably the safest way to do it that will prevent from dosing more than evap, and also save kalk from dosing when over 8.3

Attachments

• IMG_5387.png
    IMG_5387.png
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5386.png
    IMG_5386.png
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5385.png
    IMG_5385.png
    1 MB · Views: 15
Back