Keep Getting Error Code When Trying to Test ALK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Adamc1303

Reaction score
I keep getting this error. Does anyone know how to fix this? I also get notifications that stirrer power is at 0.

Thanks,

Adam

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 12.36.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 12.37.28 PM.png

Can you post a screenshot of the log for that output so we can see if we can tell what the issue might be? I have the alert turned off for the stirrer on mine.

Can you post a screenshot of the log for that output so we can see if we can tell what the issue might be? I have the alert turned off for the stirrer on mine.
Sure how do I get that? Where would it be? I am extremely new to Hydros.

Thanks,

Adam

That is happening because the pH is not going down when it add the reagent. Are you sure that you have the correct ph input selected in the output for the pH probe that is in the iV.

This is how it's setup now. The only thing that I can think of is that on the X10 the PH/ORP port is 2 and not 1? if that's the case I think I would have to delete the entire IV in order to redo it. It also wont allow me to delete the PH input because it's being used by the IV. But when I select probe port it only allows me to choose number 1 so maybe it isn't that. Also should probe mode say PH or ALK because it tests the ALK? I followed the instruction video thoroughly though... Or at least I think that I did.

Thanks,

Adam

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 7.30.45 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-01-31 at 7.30.52 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-01-31 at 7.31.34 PM.png

I also do see the PH changing as it's adding and removing water. The log seems to indicate thats there is an issue with the reagent. I checked that line as well, it's dosing fine. I mean the reagent did leak a tad in the packaging, but I doubt that did anything to it.Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 12.00.18 AM.png

I should also point out that I have never seen it stir. Even when it says it's stirring on the app the actual stirrer is not stirring. Maybe because of that, the reagent isn't getting mixed and it's failing to get a reading?

I should also point out that I have never seen it stir. Even when it says it's stirring on the app the actual stirrer is not stirring. Maybe because of that, the reagent isn't getting mixed and it's failing to get a reading?
If it is not stirring then that would be the issue. Make sure that the stirrer is plugged into the correct drive port. It is setup for drive port 1 on the X10. You may want to submit a support ticket if it is in that port. There may be an issue with the stirrer.

My stirrer had the same issue not stirring . i was advised to unscrew the bottom plate of the IV and plug the stirrer to a CONSTANT ON output and verify. the issue was the magnet was not seating correctly. adjusted and re attached and worked after that.

Coralvue sent me a new one. The old one did spin once I unscrewed it. However everytime I would screw the base in it would get stuck. Seems like the holes weren’t lined up properly. The new one now stirs. I ran one test and got the same error message though. I just ran another test and didn’t get an error message but I don’t think the measurement is correct at all. Running another now. Let’s see what happens…

IMG_1909.jpeg

Coralvue sent me a new one. The old one did spin once I unscrewed it. However everytime I would screw the base in it would get stuck. Seems like the holes weren’t lined up properly. The new one now stirs. I ran one test and got the same error message though. I just ran another test and didn’t get an error message but I don’t think the measurement is correct at all. Running another now. Let’s see what happens…

View attachment 4064
There could be several things that can cause a high reading. Check for air bubbles in the reagent tubing. Also if the pH probe is too low in the beaker it will also cause a high reading. Also check the reagent pump calibration, fill pump calibration and pH probe calibration. The drain pump will be ok as long as it completely drains the beaker to the point it is sucking air in the tubing.

I recalibrated the PH probe today. I will recalibrate the dosers too. The PH probe is reading 10 lower than my regular rank PH probe. I will recalibrate my regular one and then see if I need to offset it.

Once I recalibrate everything do I start with an empty beaker? Also off topic can the dosing pumps handle RO tubing? Wanting to use the 4th one on my x10 for dosing all for reef.

Well, recalibrated every dosing head, made sure the ph probe isn’t sitting too low. Recalibrated the probe too. I am still getting a high reading or an error. Honestly, I am not one to publicly voice my opinion about products, but I literally purchased the entire system to do alkalinity testing. I figured it costs as much as many automatic testers and I’ll have the added bonus of some of the controller features. It doesn’t work though. It just doesn’t. I think the customer care is great and everyone at hydros and coralvue have very good intentions but at the end of the day this reminds me of things I would buy in this hobby 10 years ago. Companies put out products and use customers as beta testers. This reminds me of when we would buy skimmers with mesh needle wheels and they would tell us that if it doesn’t run we should trim the mesh. Amateur hour! I’m out over a grand for nothing….. I do appreciate everyone’s help on here, I don’t want anyone to think that went unappreciated or noticed.

Well, recalibrated every dosing head, made sure the ph probe isn’t sitting too low. Recalibrated the probe too. I am still getting a high reading or an error. Honestly, I am not one to publicly voice my opinion about products, but I literally purchased the entire system to do alkalinity testing. I figured it costs as much as many automatic testers and I’ll have the added bonus of some of the controller features. It doesn’t work though. It just doesn’t. I think the customer care is great and everyone at hydros and coralvue have very good intentions but at the end of the day this reminds me of things I would buy in this hobby 10 years ago. Companies put out products and use customers as beta testers. This reminds me of when we would buy skimmers with mesh needle wheels and they would tell us that if it doesn’t run we should trim the mesh. Amateur hour! I’m out over a grand for nothing….. I do appreciate everyone’s help on here, I don’t want anyone to think that went unappreciated or noticed.
I have had one of the X10's for quite a while and have had cery few issues other than recalibration occasionally. I also have the KH Carer and the iV in my opinion is the better of the two. When new there is a frequent need for recalibration on both as the new pump heads break in and also the pH probes have a habvit of drifting for a few days when new and first removed from the storage cap. If you are having a failed to reach pH it could also be an issue with the stirrer. Make sure that is spinning when it should. I have had mine stop a couple of times and it will cause that issue.

I use a X10 pump for All For Reef dosing and use a barb fitting between the tubing that the X10 comes with and 1/4" tubing that is used with RODI units. I don't remember the exact size but I have a lot of the 3/16 to 1/8 size.

My reagent tube was messed up. I fixed it, however I am still getting extremely high readings but not errors anymore. I would love to get this to work!!! I want to add so much more to the system, but if this doesn’t work it’s just not worth it for me as I do have a controller.

My reagent tube was messed up. I fixed it, however I am still getting extremely high readings but not errors anymore. I would love to get this to work!!! I want to add so much more to the system, but if this doesn’t work it’s just not worth it for me as I do have a controller.
How high off is it? When mine was high was either the reagent, air bubbles in reagent line, reagent pump calibration, pH probe too low in the iV or pH probe calibration. The fill pump may also cause this if the calibration is off. I just check mine with my Hanna and it was 8.0 and the last test a few hours before was 8.14 on the iV. That was the last of the reagent for the Hanna so I did another test with the new reagent and got 7.8. I have tested with Hanna, Salifert, Fanamarin, KHC and iV and it would be rare for any of them to agree at any one time but they are usually within .3 with an occasional one that is off quite a bit. It would even vary as to which ones were higher or lower.

Back