Keep Getting Error Code When Trying to Test ALK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

I got a control XD and used it to setup 3 Hydros dosers. Was super easy and I like how they run. I have a question though. Is there a way of letting the doser figure out the dosing rate on its own. If I want to dose 3,000 ml of Kalk between the hours of 10PM to 6AM can I just set that up in a schedule and the doser figures out the flow rate so Kalk is doing the entire time? I had it set to a fast dose per min and it dumped 3L of Kalk into the tank in less than an hour. I don’t want to have to keep on figuring out the dose age rate everytime I change a dose.

Thanks,

Adam

The Hydros cannot change the flow rate on a dosing pump connected to the drive port. all the Hydros can do is turn it on and off. You have to tell the Hydros the flow rate of the particular pump you have connected, As an example the Hydros simple dosing pump has a flow rate near 43ml. So if you tell Hydro it has a flow rate of 10 it will still flow at a rate of 43ml but the Hydros thinks it flows at 10 so it will stay on that long. Also it has to run a minimum of 2.5 seconds each time. Also the pumps are not designed for continuous use. They should have some off time between dispensing a set amount.

A Hydros simple doser can only run one speed and one flow rate. That will be near 43ml a minute but you will need to calibrate each individual pump to find out. In the calibration the Hydros runs the pump for one minute and the fluid dispensed is the flow rate per minute and that is entered into the Hydros so It knows how long to run the pump for a given amount to be dispensed. The smart dosers in the X10 can be varied in speed or flow rate. They can even run in reverse if you want them to do that. The simple doser on a drive port cannot do either nor can the 2ml a minute Hydros doser that runs from AC.

Got it, so for dispensing Kalk I would have to set up a bunch of schedules or can I make it go on and off under one schedule?

What do theses mean? Total dose per pump, dose count and doser count.

Thanks,

Adam

IMG_2106.png

The schedule can control more than one dosing pump. You can dose multiple times during the schedule start and end time. The total dose is for the schedule time period. It will he split between the number of times it is dosed in the schedule. You can have more than one schedule per pump but they cannot overlap or you will get unwanted results. I have 2 schedules that dose 2 times each for my KH buffer. I also have a schedule with multiple pumps. I use it to do a pre drain and fill on my iV before testing but only when the iV temp is below a certian point. Those same two pumps are also used in the scheduled alkalinity testing in the iV. So schedules can be quite complex if you want them to be.

Is this correct? The Doser is a simple doser (as this is the regular hydros doser not the one on the X10). The schedule is from 11pm to 5AM doing a total of 3,000 ML at 43 ML per min in 10 increments? When does it start and stop between increments?

Thanks,

Adam

IMG_2108.pngIMG_2107.png

If I calculated right it will run 10 times starting at 11:00pm and run every 33 minutes for about 7 minutes. It will dispense 300ml each time. That is quite a bit to dispense though. My tank level does not drop enough to support that amount of dosing but it is a 42 gallon tank.

I need to get more reagen. Will it work if I get this?

KH keeper Concentrated Reagent​

Thanks,

Adam

I don't know for certain they use sulfuric acid but the mixing instructions seem to work out if my math is correct. Typical X10 reagent is 0.1N sulfuric acid duluted 4 RODI:1 concentrate so that'd end up being 0.02N. The KH Keeper is 0.2N mixed 9:1 which also ends up being 0.02N. So probably yes... But just to be safe, I would suggest just getting 0.1N sulfuric acid. You can find it here among other places...

There are also forum posts out there depicting how to dilute more highly concentrated sulfuric acid. If you choose to go that path, just be sure to always mix acid to water and NOT water to acid. Also be aware of the hazards of what you're mixing. More highly concentrated acid may initially look more cost effective but then not be worth the eye, respiratory, burn risks.

Back