Keep Getting Error Code When Trying to Test ALK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

That is quite a difference. How many test have been done since the tubing issue was corrected? There may have been some air bubbles in the line. That will cause high readings like that. ai would give it at least three test before ruling that out. Even better would be to watch to see if you see any air bubbles in the line. Any air bubble will cause it to dispense less reagent than it has calculated and cause a higher reading than it actually is. If that is not the issue them run a manual dispense of 3ml in a beaker where it can be weighed to see if you are actually dispensing 3ml. If it is less than that then do a calibration. I doubt it would be more with that high a reading. After that recheck the pH calibration.

It isn’t the reagent tubing. I primed it and made sure no bubbles at all. Did 3 tests too all had similar results.
Have you tried doing a manual dispense with the reagent pump and measure it to see if you are getting 3ml. Also I think the default flow rate should be set to 3ml in the pump setup.

If the reagent pump calibration checks ok with dispensing 3ml then you might want to check your reagent using the method Jeff posted in this thread in post #3 inaccurate alk test . You will need a Salifert alkalinity test kit to do this.

It’s reading in the upper 12’s while my Hanna checker is reading 8.5 which is where I like to have my ALK level at.
i found my problem to be my kalk line in the same chmaber as the iv drain and fill. once i switched the iv drian and fill my readings went back to normal. i also recalibrated the doser heads. cleared it right up

i found my problem to be my kalk line in the same chmaber as the iv drain and fill. once i switched the iv drian and fill my readings went back to normal. i also recalibrated the doser heads. cleared it right up
That is a good thing to check for. I have never used kalk so I did not even think of that being an issue.

I have it dialed in and calibrated perfectly. I did it so many times. Just ordered a caliper test kit. Same day delivery Amazon to the rescue! My money is on the reagent being bad. Although it is the reagent that came with it. I then ordered more from Coralvue, this is pre - mixed reagent. Either way, I am hoping that the reagent is the culprit.

I have it dialed in and calibrated perfectly. I did it so many times. Just ordered a caliper test kit. Same day delivery Amazon to the rescue! My money is on the reagent being bad. Although it is the reagent that came with it. I then ordered more from Coralvue, this is pre - mixed reagent. Either way, I am hoping that the reagent is the culprit.
I have never tried the premixed. I have always got the concentrate and mixed it myself. If you have a Salifert alkalinity test kit you can check the reagent to see if it is correct. When you calibrate the pH probe you are dong all three calibration points? You have to so all three on the pH probe for the alkalinity testing.

Ok the reagent is bad! The Salifert test came in at 8.9 which matches my Hanna checker and close the 8.5 that I aim for. I expected all to be a little higher as I did a 3 day lights out and fingers crossed with a lot of trial and error may have finally beat Dinos! I am happy it’s just reagent as it seems like an easy fix. Where do I get reagent? The last batch was directly from Coralvue and came premixed. What other options do I have?

Ok the reagent is bad! The Salifert test came in at 8.9 which matches my Hanna checker and close the 8.5 that I aim for. I expected all to be a little higher as I did a 3 day lights out and fingers crossed with a lot of trial and error may have finally beat Dinos! I am happy it’s just reagent as it seems like an easy fix. Where do I get reagent? The last batch was directly from Coralvue and came premixed. What other options do I have?
I bought some concentrated from marineandreef.com they seem to have a lot of hydros items. Out of Arizona. I'm in California

I get the one from CoralVue but it may be theirs that is on Amazon also if it has the same label.

So I got the solution, mixed it as per the instruction 4 parts RODI and I am still getting high reading. I also ordered a medical grade beaker so everything is measured out perfectly. I am not sure what else I can do at this point.

But I am way off. Checker reading 8.9 Huydors reading 10.25. How much of an offset would that be? Would I be lowering or increasing my ph probe reading?

Back